How the Lazarus Awakening DVD Study works
While the Bible is the centerpiece of all of Joanna’s studies, the books provide the structure. For this study, each participant needs:
- Book, Lazarus Awakening: Finding Your Place in the Heart of God
- Study Guide, Lazarus Awakening: the Study Guide
Each week, the DVD teaching session and study guide homework enhances (rather than repeats) the corresponding reading assignment in the book.
The Lazarus Awakening DVD Study Pack includes:
- Eight 17- to 20-minute video teaching sessions taught by Joanna.
- Eight “Israel Moment” short videos featuring insights in the land and culture that shaped our Savior. (view sample)
- Three bonus “Word Time” videos give tools for cultivating a deeper relationship with God. (view sample)
- A copy of the participant Study Guide designed to help members engage with Scripture and each other in meaningful ways. (Can be purchased separately. See sample.)
- Downloadable Leader Guide with outlines and suggestions for leading weekly meetings.
- An optional Retreat Guide that turns DVD sessions into a special weekend event filled with engaging features and fun activities. Participant Retreat Journal available as well.
- Optional weekly memory verses and other downloadables. (See “Resources”.)
- Promotional material for both the study and retreat. (See “Resources”.)
VISIT “RESOURCES“ for promotional material, guides, and downloadables for both study and retreat option.
(Learn more about the retreat options included in all of Joanna’s studies at “How to Turn a DVD Study Into a Special Event.”)
To view a sample study session and get information on bulk-order pricing, click here:
Book-and-DVD-Only Study Option
Using the book and study guide together is the best way to get the most out of the study. But if budget is an issue, the “Book-and-DVD-Only Study” option combines the DVD teaching sessions with the original study found in the back of the book.
Each participant needs a copy of the book and a binder with the following items:
Leaders will also need:
(Refer to the DVD Study Leader Guide for helpful tips as well as fun and meaningful activities you to use in your time together.)
At times, there may be updates or corrections needed for the curriculum or “Book-and-DVD-Only” Study. Click arrow to view any changes.Resource Updates